Saturday

...of purpose

I have noticed a pattern in the situations I'm involved in. They are all different, yet similar. The first few times I would complain and get frustrated because I did not think that I should be the one "called" on.

Then I started thinking that maybe I'm always "in" something because it's what I attract. Which only then had me wondering why I was attracting the same things. I wanted to be away from the "drama." "Maybe I just need to be more careful about the folk I choose to associate with.

Now, I'm still finding, (or is it finding me?), the drama, but, "Is this my purpose?" is what I think. Is this, the similar, but different situations, what God wants me to do? Not be a part of the drama, but help end it. Should I stop running away? Can I not get away because it's not my decision?

I am really just talking off the top of my head, but I am soliciting your advice as well. I mean what do you all think?

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NASB

Pray that I know what God's plan is and stop trying to run from it. Pray that I believe that His plans are for my good and my deeds express this. Pray that when I ask God again, "Is this what you want me to do?" and He answers me, that I obey and do not try to tell my Maker that I am not made to do it, that I can't do it. Pray that I remember that God, my Maker, does not need me to tell Him how I think He did not make me.

1 comment:

  1. "Pray that I remember that God, my Maker, does not need me to tell Him how I think He did not make me."
    O, sister, what words!
    Father in heaven, I praise you because we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and we know that full well.
    When You were creating my sister, You knew exactly what You were doing. You have orchestrated her life perfectly and You know the circumstances for which You have created her. So I am praying right now that You will assure her - that You will give her confidence - that You will leave her no room for doubt - that You, Yourself, will enable her to do the very things to which You have called her.
    You know what You're doing, and we can trust You. Father, please overwhelm my sister with this confidence and peace.
    I'm asking it in the powerful Name of JESUS.
    Amen and amen!

    I am going to post a video devotion next Monday which I really hope you'll come and watch!
    Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!