Wednesday

...of getting personal

Sharing my life is not awkward for me. I do not mind telling others about the so called "embarrassing" moments in my life. I strive to be relate-able. I want to be approachable. I am a vessel.

What if someone shares the information I give them with someone else? G-R-E-A-T! Pass it along because it's not about me. It's about God's presence in our lives. I am a Christian, not perfect. I do have fears. I fail sometimes, but I learn from it. I get upset and say and/or do things that I know I shouldn't do. Guess what, I also cry, and it's not because I'm happy!

Today, I'm getting personal by sharing with you all that I know what the right thing to do is but I do not want to do it, (Yes, I'm still struggling with my mother-in-law and I am allowing this to interfere with following Anton's lead), I JUST DON'T WANT TO DO IT! I do the right thing, but I have to make myself do it and I definitely ain't doing it with a cheerful heart, (Colossians 3:23)! I do the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do and I do not want to sin, (James 4:17).

Thank you, Brother Warren for your assistance thus far with understanding the reality of doing the right thing.

Lastly, I share so that "you" will know that "you" are not alone. Use my struggles to encourage "yourself" and to get personal.

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness." 2 Corinthians 11:30 NIV

*To familiarize yourself with the above mentioned struggles, please refer to the posts listed under, "Mother-In-Law Mini-Series."*

2 comments:

  1. So glad to find you here...and to hear your heart. Thanks for opening it to speak.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I've missed visiting you!! And I sure do understand obeying with a not so good attitude. I've done waaaaay too many times!
    Huggles, sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!