Thursday

...of Good

This week has been good. "Evelyn," my 10-year-old decided to run for Vice President of the Student Council Association of her elementary school. On the application she was asked why she wanted to run for office. Her response was that she wanted to run for President of the SCA next year because when she gets older she wants to run for President of the United States! She also said that she wants to help people. I'm proud of her. "Evelyn" was also chosen as a school safety patrol and she did the morning announcements! She really got a kick out of that. Everything with her is good.

"Janelle," my five-year-old was responsible for the before school prayer this morning and in her prayer she said, "...and God please make my mommy stomach flat..." I couldn't help but peek at her out of surprise. She'd asked me the night before if I still had a baby in my stomach and I told her no and that her baby brother was the only baby in there. She said, "Well it still look like you have a baby in your stomach," so I knew that's what the prayer request was all about. Too funny! Everything with her is good.

"Terrence" is now six and a half weeks old and is cooing. It's lovingly entertaining watching him gear up to get just one sound out and then watching the semi-surprised look on his face when he realizes the noise came from him. He also seems to sigh after he's gotten it out, as if to say, "Whew! That was a lot of work!" Everything with him is good.

As for me, I'm good. I struggled with prayers, emotions, health, and decisions, but I'm in a crucial healing process right now that is meant for good so I'm not beating myself up about it; I accept where I am at this moment. I'm choosing to become empowered by educating myself so that I can make the necessary changes within. Healing is a process, not an event. Everything with me is good.

Larie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!