Thursday

...of Reflections

As October 2014 comes to completion

I take some things into consideration

Still, I'm not quite at perfection



But our Creator is perfectly working on me



Registered for school one year ago

Now I have a degree to show

To better career options I say, "Hello!"



Many encouraged, "I'm so proud of you Larie"



Last October I was without a job

Plenty of nights I let out that defeated sob

Begging for a door that lead to "easy street" so I could turn the knob



I just wanted to be free



365 days past

I felt as if I wouldn't last

Life seemed like a shattered glass



Through which, God's blessings, I couldn't clearly see



12 months ago I didn't know when I'd see or talk to my oldest son

Tried to maintain...keep from coming undone

My heart weighed a ton



This year, together everyday and night, my Lord granted us to be



Last year, this time, I was borrowing a vehicle

In the face of the adversity, my faith grew fickle

A happy ending for me...unbelievable



Today the Almighty has given me my own car and I'm filled with grateful glee

For all things He has done for thee

In spite of my weak moments when I wanted to flee

Though I gave up on myself, God never gave up on me

Reflecting; where I was vs. where I am now makes me give thanks on bended knee

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...if you don't already know, you better find out about these three.

Larie

2 comments:

  1. You sound so happy and optimistic, like a load has been lifted off your shoulders and I know it has been. You've accomplished so much and during a time of extreme pressure. I'm so happy that this year is a complete 180 degrees compared to last. More good things are sure to come :)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!