Saturday

...of jealousy

Wo-man 2 Woman

Cup of tea in hand, Wo-man 2 Woman, we talk

Impasse, Wo-man 2 Woman, lovin’ the same man

We both crave him, Wo-man 2 Woman, and fittingly so; He is, Man, not shunning responsibility

You and I, Wo-man 2 Woman, are aware that there can only be 1

OH! IT HURTS, Wo-man 2 Woman, THERE CAN NOT BE-WILL NOT BE A COMPETITION

Woman, at your breast, a boy found comfort; now a MAN, he is afforded the comfort of Wo-man’s breast

God has a role for me as your son’s wife and a role for you as my husband’s mother, Wo-man 2 Woman, one shouldn’t despise the other

“…she shall be called woman, for she was taken out of man…” Genesis 2:22-25 NIV


Thank you Father God for allowing me this avenue of release, preventing me from speaking unlovingly to my mother-in-law. For in doing so I would not be representing you as I should, unworthy to be called an ambassador, 1 Corinthians 5:20. In the name of Christ, because of His blood, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so blessed that you found my Becoming Me blog because it led me to yours. I really related to all you write about and just love your profile blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really powerful and full of emotion! I am deeply moved and reliving memories here. I don't know your situation but when I was newly married (42 years ago) my m-i-l was terribly jealous. With God's help and after many tears before Him, I chose to facilitate and encourage her connection to her son whenever possible without any malice or jealousy on my part. I was never ever going to make hubby decide between her or me. After all, I was secure in his love for me. I lived and slept with him and had his children! I can truthfully say that that was the best decision I made. My brother's wife however, could never give our mother that gift and that is a huge loss on both sides. And all of us are followers of Christ!

    May God give you, the younger one, a heart of compassion and love to extend grace and mercy to your m-i-l, who should be the more mature, but according to your poem, isn't.

    Love in Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!