Monday

...of That Where I Am You May Be Also

At the Well's discussion today is hosted by Sherry from Large Family Mothering. What I got from her post is the attitude towards motherhood. Sherry asks these questions:

Are there areas of hardness and coldness in my life?
Yes.

What are the roots of these?
My own selfish desires, James 4:1-3

Do I need to release someone who has hurt me in my past?
Yes.

Do I need to confess and release myself from the bondage of sinful patterns in my own life?
Yes, selfishness.

What are some ways that I can turn the conversation around when other women begin to gripe and complain about their children?
With a smile and gentleness, I can redirect the conversation to positivity by sharing something good about our children and what a blessing they are intended to be, Psalm 127:3-5

Name some creative ways we can create warmer, more inviting environments for our children.
I can get rid of my, "What about me?" attitude!

Sherry's contribution At the Well recalled the following words from my journal back in May of 2008. At this time I was feeling like a failure as a Christian, wife, and mother. It is titled, "1/8":

If I were an eighth of the woman God created me to be...
-My faith would be firm. I wouldn't pray for things, doubt, and then get upset that God isn't answering another prayer to replace the original one!
-I'd be my husband's friend. I wouldn't be judgemental, critical, conveying a dislike for him or seemingly ungrateful. He would trust his heart w/me, Proverbs 31:11-12. Anton would always have confidence in my love for him. He would like me.
-My kids would like me. They would be my friends as well.
-I wouldn't feel alone. Well, I would believe that I'm not alone.
-I would be reliable.
-"Why me?" would be removed from my vocabulary.
-I'd already be "dead to self," 1 Corinthians 15:31.
-I'd trust Anton.
-I would be forgiving, merciful, the image of my Creator as He created me to be and not trying to be what I want to be or who I think I should be. WHO AM I TO TELL MY MAKER HOW HE DIDN'T MAKE ME?!
-I would "get out of my own way."
-I'd be happy, joyful, in Jesus.
-I'd be worthy of a fight.
-I would be thankful of the Lord's discipline.
-I'd be the woman God intends for me to be.
If I were only 1/8, or working towards that...

I copied that verbatim from my journal so I know it needs some work, but I wanted to share it in its' raw form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!