Tuesday

...of validation

I have been validated!!! Validation feels G-R-E-A-T!

I was visiting the Well today and read about meal planning. Jennifer talked about planning your menu monthly for various reasons. I will not spoil it for you in case you want to read it for yourself but I will mention my reasons.

A little over a year and a half ago, Anton and I began financial counseling with a Sister at our last duty station. For our grocery budget, she suggested that we follow a consistent menu. We were wasting food. I would decide to have a salad with dinner let's say on Tuesday. Then I would cook again on Wednesday but have a totally different meal than the previous night. So to get to my point, whatever salad was leftover just sat in the fridge and wilted, because of course we did not eat it on Thursday either.

I thought that I had to cook every night to be a productive keeper of our home. I was not being so productive by wasting food! So per Sister "Sober's" advice, I began, after trial and error, planning our menu monthly. This has allowed a significant decrease in our grocery spending. For example, for one entire month, we have spaghetti every Monday, leftovers on Tuesday, Chicken & rice on Wednesday and so on. We have not been as wasteful, but now I plan to have salad with the next meal so that it will not go bad.

I have been questioned about my meal planning and I was beginning to think that I was doing something sooooo weird. HA! But I'm not weird...I'm validated!!! Thanks Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. That`s good. And thank you for pray for us. I actually feel a little better to day:)

    Wib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's OK to be weird, isn't it? *grin*
    I plan a menu every week - because that's what my mom did. I love having a plan. Good for you for making one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!