Thursday

...of finding the source

"I am proud of you for recognizing that. I too have that problem when I get around my family. I revert back to that old person who should have been dead. I think being overseas and away from them we get complacent. It is easy for us to be "Christ like" when we around those who are Christ's. I think that is why I want to stay overseas. I know Christ is in you and this is one of those "trials" you will overcome."My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives you all literally and without reproach and it will be given to him. James 1:2-5...I love you my sister and I will praying."

Maisha left the above comment on the "ex-lax" post. I have thought that maybe that's what my "problem" is, being geographically closer to my earthly family now. Busy has a new meaning, I can't really define it-but it's not what I thought it was, since we've moved back stateside. I've tried to attend every family event and be available each time I am called on, (that's another post-maybe tomorrow).

I AM TIRED! While in Japan, I was not as tired, stressed, depressed, (my Zoloft dose has been increased since being back), unorganized, behind, cranky, uncertain and just so confused! However, I don't think that I can blame any of this on our relocation...can I?

"Remove the dross from the silver, and out comes material for the silversmith; remove the wicked from the king's presence, and his throne will be established through righteousness." Proverbs 25:4-5 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Oh, is this an appropriate correlation? Don't know, but I'm going for it...*grin*
    Ex-lax kinda softens "things" up, right? So you can work your "issues" out? Ahem.
    My friend, I am seeing your heart being softened. You are seeking to live for Jesus. He is showing you what needs to change. You are taking action to do what is right, i.e. the letters you wrote. As you continue to submit to His Spirit, allowing Him to work in you, you are becoming more beautiful. More like Jesus.
    Keep following after Him! And keep taking that ex-lax for the heart.
    Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lari,

    I remember living overseas and you are sooo right about being busier. There is more of the WORLD here (lol). This only makes us work harder to stay focused and at the feet of Jesus. ALL THINGS really do work for our good and we DO love Him!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!