Thursday

...of news reporting

BREAKING NEWS…

Both mother and son survived the separation caused by the first day of school!

Four-years-old "Cameron" Norvell, of Eastern North Carolina, was returned to his mother yesterday at approximately 1430. The two eagerly smiled at one another while racing into open arms. Larie Norvell, the “victim’s” mother, immediately asked him, “Do you want to go back again or stay home with mommy?” Mr. Norvell replied that he would like to go back to get his blanket from the cubby.

During a later evening research, Mrs. Norvell discovered a notebook labeled, “Communication Log.” Upon opening it, she read that "Cameron" had had a VERY good day up until naptime at which point, what was described as “Missing Mommy Tears,” began to flow. Larie states, “I am a bit concerned that I was not called. I know how adamant my son can be when his feelings are hurting. "Cameron" told me that he was told by one of his teachers that she would take care of him. Maybe that’s the best way to handle it rather than calling the ‘fickle’ mother who was looking forward to school-days for her son but began to express some uncertainty when the time actually came.”

"Cameron's" mother has assured that there will be no charges filed for the compensation of lost comfort that can Only be provided by a mother, concerning "Cameron" Norvells’ tears. She has also stated that she will use the next four days, before her son has to return back to the installation on Monday, to better prepare herself as well as "Cameron" in lieu of shortening the apron strings.

This is, I Am Not Perfect, reporting for “My Heart Speaks…”

Back to “you,” fellow bloggers.

8 comments:

  1. You did fine, Larie...(((hugs)))

    It's harder on the mother than the child, isn't it? Just wait until he goes to college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you. It is hard when they are little. I remember those days well. What a creative way to post this....I love it.
    Thank you for your sweet comment on arise 2 write.
    Blessings, andrea

    PS: would you please visit a dear friend at http://seaglassreflections.blogspot.com and offer prayers and encouragement. Please read the post entitled "Help Please." THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise you it will get better. When? I don't know but before long, you may be just pushing him out the door. Did somebody say college? Oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! I love it! LOL You may have seen that my son just started kindergarten. Unfortunately he didn't even cry for me. *pout*
    Your little guys sounds adorable and I'm so glad you survived this trauma. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you wrote this!

    Sounds like he had a good day (minus the nap time issue). But I'm sure it will get better - for the both of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious, Larie. Absolutely precious!
    I, too, love the way you presented this breaking news. Smiling through the whole "article."

    Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok you got me!

    When I saw the words "breaking news" "victim," and it was written like a newspaper article I thought he had gotten on the wrong bus and went home to the wrong house. Thank goodness that wasn't the case.

    So glad his first day was a success even though there were a few tears. That is to be expected but by Monday, I bet you both will have adjusted to the idea a little more....a little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! What a great way report on the first day of school! I'm visitng from Tara Kelly's blog. =) Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!