Monday

...of love is an action

Each promise of meals was fulfilled and it charmed me. My taste buds were still shot so everything after the first few bites tasted as I was gnawing on molten metal! Saturday had been the designated day of my quarantined release, which meant that I could finally shower and go to the bathroom at any time-not only when I really needed to! The shower felt euphoric until, I HAD TO WASH MY HAIR! I wanted to cut it off instead of trying to detangle that mess! I know that it didn’t have to be tangled so badly since I did have the ability to comb it while I was in the room, but I just didn’t. So, I had to deal with it.

My Sister-in-Christ who had picked me up from the airport offered to take me out for the day so that I could finally get to see more of Hawaii’s beauty. Oh, oh, oh, speaking of seeing and beauty, I forgot to mention that the view from my hospital’s window was of the alleyway where delivery trucks and vans came! Nice huh? I’m stuck in isolation with no human contact and they depress me even more by giving me the room without a view! The sun didn’t even shine back there!!! Okay, sorry, I’m done.

Back to what I began to say…my Sister drove me down to Maui, up to Hanauma Bay, where she snapped a photo of me on the beach with a flower in my hair to adorn Anton’s desk, and then she attempted to grant a culinary request for me by taking me to Arby’s! In an earlier conversation about living in Japan, she asked me what did I miss the most about the U.S., I told her that it was some of the fast-food venues. She couldn’t believe it! She had been thinking that I would say something liking shopping, cable or family and so on. Nope, I like to eat! The cuisine in Japan is excellent and I loved it as well, however, every now and again I did want to pop into an Arby’s, Wendy’s, Krispy Kreme, Rally’s and a few of the other essential places. Well, as a surprise, she took me to the mall and as we walked up to Arby’s’ door, the gate was coming down!

Pitiful. That describes my reaction, just pitiful. My mouth dropped open and I watched the gate go completely down! Pathetic huh! I know that I would have only been able to savor the first couple bites, but dang, it would have been nice! Sunday morning I attended Sunday school and worship service. Then another Sister-in-Christ, (the one I went to the Swap Meet with), took me home with her and served Spaghetti after which we “called some hogs” and returned to evening worship.

Their love spilled over my cup so much that I could have danced under it as if it were a fountain!

I spent Monday moving from my room on Hickam, (this explanation will be a post by itself!), to a room on Tripler, (where the hospital is mind you-but, like I said, I gotta make that another post!), then I headed over to the hospital to for my first Whole Body Scan. Tuesday, I went to the hospital, (with all my luggage because I had to move again-BUT, like I said, another post!), to receive scan results, one more blood test, discharge paperwork and homecare instructions.

“But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath He swore to your forefathers that He brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt.” Deuteronomy 7:8 NIV

3 comments:

  1. All you wanted was an Arby sandwich! you weren't asking for much..... Hopefully now you can have one any time your little heart desires. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arby's huh? That would have hurt my feelings too! I'm interested in seeing how this moving post is going to turn out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny that when we go somewhere what we miss is good ol fast food!! Why would we miss shopping? There is always new places to shop at and THAT is fun but we americans want our fast food!!! I love it Laurie and yoU!!!

    Bless you my friend

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!