Monday

...of, I don't usually "get it" the first time

(I've temporarily removed the playlist so that I could feature another song, which I feel is more appropirate for this post. Please click here to listen to Sara Groves', "Hello Lord." Thanks.)

Previously...

24 November 06

LORD, Sister ****** came & sat next to me at the fellowship yesterday. She didn’t say anything to me. LORD please don’t be mad at me, but You gotta give me something more than that. I mean please really don’t get mad, but can You please be a bit more obvious? Is she who You have sent? I’m just afraid of making the wrong decision again.


Before Anton and I succumbed to slumber that night, I told him what happened and how I felt about it. He looked at me with such disappointment and asked if I were throwing fleece before God. “NO!” I told him, and said that I just wanted to be sure. Anton then asked me what was I expecting God to do. Jokingly, I said that I wanted Sister ****** to radiate with a pure white light and hear angelic voices singing, “AAAAAHHHHHH.” With that, Sister ****** opens her mouth to say, “I am the one.” With a huff, my husband shook his head and retreated under the covers. Either Anton didn’t get the joke or he just didn’t think that it was funny!

03 January 2006

“Lord, we will be meeting for lunch today. I’m asking for Your guidance in this. Is she the one?”


Our time together was awesome! If a movie is made about our lunch, I will insist that a white light be shone and those angelic voices be heard! Sister ****** told me that she wanted to get to know me and serve God however she needed. With that introduction, she began sharing her life. From childhood to marriage to children of their own to her current fight with, DEPRESSION!

My food was wasted. I couldn’t eat anymore. I became engrossed in Sister ****** transparency and God’s scheduling. “How awesome,” I thought, this Sister was sharing such private information with me! Man, it didn’t seem as if she had a concern about what I may have thought about her or if I’d “leak” her story. Sister ****** had served the LORD by unmasking herself. Our time together walked through my mind for a few days.

“…If now I have found favor in Your eyes, give me a sign that it is really You talking to me…Then Gideon said to God, ‘Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece…” Judges 6:11-40 NIV

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful example of what God wants to happen in lives of fellow Christians when they talk and share their lives. Your food wasn't wasted - you were partaking of a different "food" that night - connecting with someone. wb

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!