Monday

...of Labor Day Celebration 2011

Friday evening, I began preparing for our Labor Day cookout on Saturday, which also happened to be my dad's birthday! Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, Coconut & Pecan Pies, Potato Salad, & Minty Melon & Berry Salad were all completed Friday night. Excitement had the best of me and I wanted to continue cooking but I also knew that it would have been more productive for me to go to sleep and continue in the morning.

So, Saturday morning I made Carrot Cupcakes w/Cream Cheese Frosting, Green Beans, Corn on the Cob & Jalapeno Cornbread! As for meats, my family enjoyed, Fried Fish, Hot Dogs, Chicken Legs & Thighs w/ BBQ Sauce, and Ribs! A variety of drinks were also available, (Food Lion offered five 2-Liter Drinks for $5...I purchased ten!), although I'd already gotten drinks a few days ago, but oh well, as much as I like to entertain they will not sit too long!

I purposed to make Sweet Tea as well, but it was after I boiled the water when I realized that tea bags were M.I.A.! Ha-ha, I forgot to get some more! My cousin from Durham, who just had to bring something although I told her that I just wanted her to come and enjoy like everyone else, but insisted that she wouldn't feel right unless she could bring something, (which she claims every time she comes), satisfied our sweet taste buds with Banana Pudding! Yum! Thanks cuz!

My family's visit just tickled me to know end! I love our family gatherings and look forward to each and every one. Sometimes I do not get to attend all family functions, but I'm thankful that we get together so much that it makes up for the "last" one I missed. These times with family are important & much needed! We also sang Happy Birthday to my dad. I put a star-shaped candle in one of the cupcakes for him and "you" should have seen him; soaking all the attention up! He loved it!

I love my McNair Kinfolks!


Not pictured, (since by the time I realized that I wanted to photograph the food to share a few items had already been depleted),
Banana Pudding, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fish, Minty Melon Berry Salad, & Hot Dog


smooches,
Larie

2 comments:

  1. Larie, glad you had quality time with your family. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Labor Day Holiday! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!