Tuesday

The Fatigue

Yesterday was rough for me because I was so tired. After I dropped "Janelle" off at school I put a load in the washer and gave myself permission to take a nap. I slept for four uninterrupted hours, which is a big deal for me. However, once I got up I began to feel as if I were behind. I started beating myself up for not doing my homework or at least checking in to class, pitching my books and t-shirts, promoting the Good Life Girlfriends event, or posting something encouraging. So for the rest of the evening I sat like a zombie watching the Lifetime Channel because I had now overwhelmed myself with just thoughts! So now not only was I physically fatigued but also mentally fatigued and then everything becomes consuming and all I feel like I can do is nothing but I feel guilty for not doing anything.

Can anyone relate?

Larie

4 comments:

  1. Yes I can relate, but then I think, this too shall pass. No one said it had to be done this way or that way. We put limits and boundaries on ourself and when we think we have not done what we are "suppose" to do, then look around, nobody really cares. The nap did your body and mind good. Don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Larie, forgive me for laughing, but girrrl I can definitely relate. I've never taken a four hour nap (you must have been EXHAUSTED), but I remember days having so much to do that I choose to do nothing. It's also a sign to start scraping some things off your plate. Mental exhaustion will kill you quicker than being physically exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that's fine. Don't beat your self up for doing nothing. Once in a while we need that to recharge and be on our feet.
    nurse training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can relate, too! Not to the four hour nap. That just makes me jealous. *wink*
    But I have worked myself into such an overwhelmed frenzy that I feel like I can do nothing but sit there. Overwhelmed. Yeah. Great place to be. LOL!
    That's why I'm thankful for God's new mercies every morning. Each day is another chance to start over. Thank You, JESUS!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!