Friday

...of Rehab Not Necessary

My name is Larie and I'm an addict.

One definition of addict is: To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively. I'm addicted to quite a few things, writing, cooking, collecting aprons, and some other quirky stuff but I am most addicted to becoming better; a better Larie. I DESIRE to do and be better each day. There are days I feel as if I could have exerted more effort, but I don't beat myself up about it. Instead I thank God for giving me another chance to work on it and guiding me through.

Working on being a better me requires prayer, honest self reflection, and accepting that I will never be perfect. I have learned that I must focus on being a better Larie first because doing so then allows me to be a better mother, friend, author, entrepreneur, and chef because those things are labels, not WHO I am.

Everyday I'm a better me

a better Larie

a better type of free



Larie

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I see you blossoming into more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 --> 'There are days I feel as if I could have exerted more effort, but I don't beat myself up about it.' Exactly. And that's just how it is. You are allowing yourself to open up to the ways of becoming a better person. It's a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!