Wednesday

...of, "at least I tried"


"Cameron" dressed himself for Worship service a couple of weeks ago. Yes the buttons are off a little and he doesn't look put together very well, BUT, he tried. Look at the smile on his face, it reads, accomplished.


I thought about my Christian growth, how I sometimes try to do things myself and end up a little "off" and then others SEE that I am not put together very well. I too walk around with a smile of accomplishment when I do things my way, however, where I differ from "Cameron" is that my efforts were toward my way. I should have been putting my effort in doing it God's way.
1 Samuel 15 & Joshua 1:7
Note to self: Do what God says... His way!
Lastly, this post makes #45. We will be celebrating when post #50 arrives. Find out why & how in 5 more posts...

4 comments:

  1. LOL. Cailem is probably wondering why YOU don't think he's put together very well. "What's the problem,Mom? Let's go to church!" Toooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is adorable and what a good lesson you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that smile! I've thought of this analogy often when my kids were little. I can still hear them saying, "Mama, let me do it by myself!"

    I can hear myself saying it to God, "I can do it myself."

    thanks for the reminder, Larie Dear!

    Vonnie

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!