Thursday

...of sharing greatness

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary..." Psalm 107:1-2 NAS

What I understand from these verses is that when God does His work in my life, it is worthy of praise; proclaim it for others to hear, be encouraged and praise as well! I am NOT to be quiet about it.

"Oh give thanks to the LORD," - Father, I am grateful for Your love and wanting Your creation to find it's way back to You. Thank You for Jesus' provision in making that possible!

"for He is good," - Supplying me with the instruments to take on the image in which You created me, Your image.

"for His lovingkindness is everlasting." - You are always loving me and being kind to me in spite of myself. When I am disobedient, You do not give up on me, You just get my attention in another way, an undeserved kind way. In fact, I know that You not giving up on me is an expression of Your everlasting love for me!

"Let the redeemed of the LORD say so...," - I, because of God, am healed of cancer. Cancer doesn't even fit into my family's medical history! Yet, it was in my body, but God, You said to the cancer that it could only "pass through," it couldn't have my body nor destroy it. You Lord said You were using the cancer, not the cancer using me, to teach me about humility! WOW! Thank You!

"...whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary..." - I, a sinner, am delivered and restored because I heard and believed about Your Son Jesus, who was made to be an atonement for my dirty & raggedy self. Oooooooh, thank You Jesus!

Is God the same way towards you? He is, then "say so!"

"...Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,..." 1 Peter 3:15 NIV

2 comments:

  1. wow! (Did you tell me that you had cancer?...if so, I'm sorry that I forgot) This phrase is from the Lord;

    "You Lord said You were using the cancer, not the cancer using me, to teach me about humility!"

    God's ways are so much higher than us...thank you for reminding us.

    Vonnie

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!