Tuesday

...of lamenting & gift # 5

I'm still "hanging out" with Karen over at Surviving Motherhood and writing my own Psalm modeled after Psalm 31. Today we are looking at verses 9-13.

Now oh God, I am begging for Your continued mercy because I am weak. I feel very heavy because I am micro-managing You. This is an act of disobedience, disrespect, and lack of trust. You DO NOT need me to tell You how I want it done. All You need from me is confession, a contrite heart and ashy, sore knees. I can not feel weightless because I am carrying what I was suppose to let You carry. Remind me LORD that I am not You! You don't need Larie's help!

My eyesight grows weaker because I am straining to see what You have not revealed to me yet; hence the reason I strain. It's not clear, & it is not going to be until You, LORD God, make it clear! Ooooh how dull I am LORD.

My children don't know what to expect from me. They would rather be at a friend's or my parent's house. How disgusting it is when my 5-year-old asks me, "How do you feel today mommy?" My husband, in tears, says, "I miss my wife." Then he kisses me on my forehead and says, "I love you Larie. I'll be back, I need to go pray."

God please give Anton his wife back.



A pair of ears will be serenaded with the outstanding voice of Willow Layne. Her first CD, "From The Ashes," was recently released. I've known Willow Layne for 5 and a half years now. I've heard her voice many times and I just love it. It almost makes me want to cry. Read about Willow Layne's inspiration for "From The Ashes" here.


And I share this audible pleasure with...



...NICOLE at Serendipity! This is my sister y'all! I love the way Nicole writes; it's the same way that she thinks. Her writing is mentally challenging and I appreciate it. Girl I'll talk to you later! I love you!

smooches,

Larie

4 comments:

  1. Your Psalm speaks to my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your post, Larie.
    Thanks for sharing:)

    Blessings

    Wib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larie, thank you for letting the rest of us in on your lament. I love that you are being honest and pouring yourself out to your Safe Place.
    And I am praying - not that God will give Anton his wife back - but that He will give Anton a brand new wife whom He has transformed by His grace through the trials she has faced.
    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!