Friday

...of truth

Depression. As eccentric as it may seem, it’s really reasonably routine, (Bet ya had to read that twice! Giggles). I say this because there is a predictable pattern to depression; well, at least for me there is.

*If I don’t get “my way,” I tend to go into a funk. My emotions oscillate, and invitations to Larie’s pity party are sent out, I crash.

*During the times that I do not feel well due to Thyroid issues, I sink.

*When I feel snowed under as a result of my own time mismanagement and/or believing that it’s rude to say “No,” I shut-down.


For the most part, it seems to me that my depression is avoidable and controllable to a degree of my own without medication. Depression. It is a choice.

Now, there are a few times that I honestly do not know what has moved me to my days of lying in bed or on the couch…not talking…don’t want to be bothered…unable to communicate what it is. But it is essential that I be honest, majority of the time, it’s a routine…my routine.

I feel as if I’ve disappeared, and Anton said, “I miss my wife.”

“…I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done. The LORD has chastened me severely, but He has not given me over to death…” Psalm 118 NIV

7 comments:

  1. Larie: Thank you for sharing your heart with us. Wendy Love's blog is called Dipsy Doodling Around Depression, and is SOOOOO encouraging. You may be blessed by it!

    Love you, dear,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too struggle with depression and would agree with your analogy as far as "I" am concerned. Those are some of the same things that throw me into a funk.
    Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine seems to be on and off and sometimes related to my circumstances and hormones too. I "forced" myself to put praise and worship music on and just sit and cry and sing and it did lift. God does inhabit praise and darkness must flee! I need to remind myself of this. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an award on arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciate your authentic christianity. None of us live this life without blemish. That is why we need Jesus so much.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter how depressed you are...I still love you!!

    Anton

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!