Tuesday

...of who "made" me do it?

…the liability of my actions elsewhere. 2006 approached its end, as well I.

Anton “made” me go off on him when he said or did, ummm, well, just pick something. He’s forever doing something! (tee-hee)

"First-born" “made” me tell her that my name wasn’t mommy. To which she replied, “Ms-arie,” (she was trying to say Ms. Larie…smart-tail!). Funny how I replay it in my mind and it sounds as if she’s saying misery…hmmm.

"Second-born" “made” me not want to ever have another child…especially not a boy! Had he been born first, he’d be an only child! (giggles)

The three of them together “made” me contemplate running away before allowing them to complete their plan of visiting me in a white-padded room, gilded in a lavish ensemble that is similar to a jacket, which ingeniously allows me to overpower myself with hugs all-day-long! (Is it okay that I just made myself laugh?)

The lady at the sub shop “made” me speak rather lofty to her after she “barked” at me about them not being open for another three minutes. All I said when I approached the counter was, “Excuse me…” and she cut me off with her “barking.” Guess what? My initial reason for “bothering” her before their BIG three-minute opening was simply to ask her if they opened at 10 or 1030! Yeeeah. I know. Ironic ain’t it?

The man in the commissary’s deli “made” me spout out obscenities at him because my order was M.I.A.

A cashier in the exchange “made” me go to customer service, request a refund and speak with a manager. Someone needed to know that they had to better train their employees on the knack of scanning retail items! It was quite irritating for me to go back into the store after realizing I’d been overcharged. I purchased three candles, but my receipt showed four. Y’all, the stinkin’ candles were only .23 cents!!!

I remember thinking, “Why is God letting these people “make” me show-off?”

Hopes of positive heart changes in the New Year rested before the Lord in prayer.

“When tempted, no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.’ For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers.” James 1:13-16 NIV

“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:33-37 NIV

6 comments:

  1. I love how every day you have the PERFECT scripture to compliment your story. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read, I wondered how many times I tried to blame my actions on others....more than I want to admit. Thank you for your honesty and for bringing us to our knees.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true how we always seem to find a reason for our bad behavior that does not include us when we have no desire to really see truth and all we want is for life to be presented to us in a way that does not make our life uncomfortable at all. :) BUT! When we begin to desire truth above all, what freedom we can find in the midst of all the same circumstances. :) I love your Scriptures with your posts too. They really seem to drive your point home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'm having conviction for breakfast! I also have to remember I have a choice on how to react. It always boils down to choice.

    BTW, I received my first issue of In Her Heart magazine yesterday. I'm going to read it at lunch. Thank you for your generosity! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord showed me that there are those who blame and those who receive shame. But few will stand tall and take responsibility for their actions.

    You are a role model, Larie. Thanks for that.

    P.S. Got the magazine I won! Thanks! I was pleased to see you had an article published in it--very good!

    Love
    Jen
    Audience of ONE

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! So true. I'm in the midst of trying to teach my five year old to take responsibility for his actions, but it's a lesson I need to remember too. Great verses! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Y'all's comments are overwhelmingly encouraging. I appreciate them very much. They motivate me to continue being myself. Smooches!